Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- University Degree or equivalent in any subject AND
- TESL Ontario Language Instructor Accreditation or equivalent OR
- TESL Canada Language Instructor Accreditation or equivalent OR
- A minimum of one OCT-approved Additional Qualification course in TELL (Teaching English Language Learners)
A Master's Degree in a relevant field is preferred but not required.
All applicants must have completed at least a supervised practicum teaching a minimum of 20 hours.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who have one or more of the following:
- Successful teaching experience in an intensive academic ESL course at the university level
- Successful experience teaching English to adult learners
- Successful experience teaching in a cross-cultural or multi-cultural environment
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen's is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes new applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.